75-years of UK-Schleswig Holstein friendship: Capture Your Connection!
Calling all schools! Do you have a connection with Schleswig-Holstein?
Share your story and join the 75th anniversary celebrations!
To celebrate the 75th anniversary of friendship between the UK and Schleswig-Holstein (SH), we want to showcase and give recognition to the fantastic connections that you have established and celebrate the many links that have been built over the years.
Whether it’s a friendship, pen-pal exchange, school partnership or youth group exchange or other kind of connection between the UK and SH, we’re inviting you to share it creatively, reflect on 75 years of collaboration and look to a future of activities and connections!
Join the celebrations!
1. Send us a creative representation of your SH-UK connection (in any medium), such as:
- a drawing that symbolises your partnership / friendship
- a poem that sums up your partnership / friendship
- photos of your partnership / friendship from ‘now’ and ‘then’
- a video to show your connection
- a collage of pictures to illustrate your partnership / friendship so far
- a podcast about your partnership / friendship
Use your imagination – we welcome any medium and entries will be shared on our website and social media channels as part of the 75-year anniversary celebrations .
2. Alongside your creative work, we also want to hear your story – tell us (in max. 300 words):
- Who are you and how did you meet? e.g. at an event, through a school partnership etc.
- How has your connection developed and what you have done together since meeting? What has been the highlight?
- What impact has your connection had? What difference has it made, either personally or professionally for your school?
- Where do you see your UK-German friendship in 5 years time, at the 80-year celebrations?
Who can take part?
- Young people up to 25 years old, with a SH-UK friendship, who may have been involved in a UK-German school exchange, event, youth seminar etc.
- You can submit a collaborative showcase or one of you can share your story on behalf of you both
- Schools and colleges that are in an active partnership with schools in SH (or were prior to the pandemic)
- You can submit a collaborative showcase or one party can enter on behalf of both
You do not have to have taken part in any UK-German Connection activities or be learning German – you just have to have a SH-UK partnership or friendship.
What digital formats should I submit?
We welcome submissions in any format – digital or hard copies – whether it’s text, audio, videos or visuals!
Please note the the following guidelines for photos, videos and audio formats:
- Photos: The photos, graphics or visuals should be of good quality in JPG format of at least 1500 pixels in width.
- Videos: Videos should be between 1 and 5 minutes and be well-lit with clear audio. Please avoid using copyrighted music or images in your video. Submit in MP4, MOV or WMV file formats with a maximum resolution of 1080p and file size of 500 MB.
- Audio: Audio recordings should avoid excessive background noise, and be saved in either MP3 or WAV format, with a maximum file size of 20 MB.
You can also submit non-digital entries; see below for where to send them.
For privacy reasons, please only send photos or videos if you have permissions from the people in them to use your entry as stated above.
How do I submit an entry?
- Digital entries: Send your entry by email to email@example.com including the information below. If the file is too large to email, consider using a free file transfer service to send it to this same email address (e.g. WeTransfer/Dropbox).
- Non-digital entries: If your entry is not in digital format, please send it to: Capture Your Connection, UK-German Connection, 34 Belgrave Square, London, SW1X 8QB
- Together with your entry you must include:
- Your names
- Your age (for individual entries)
- Names of your schools/institutions or groups
- Your locations
- What UK-German Connection activity you have been part of (if applicable)
You can write in English or German or, ideally, a mixture of both languages.
We welcome submissions until 1 April 2022.
What happens after I submit my entry?
A selection of entries will be showcased on our website and social media channels throughout the anniversary year; we hope to present as many SH-UK connections as possible.
There will be small ‘SH-UK-75’ goodies for all submissions and the most creative entries will receive special prizes!
How will entries be used?
Your entries may be showcased:
- on UK-German Connection and our SH partners’ social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- as website content related to the theme of the challenge and the promotion of youth relations on www.ukgermanconnection.org
- in stakeholder reports
By taking part in this challenge, you grant UK-German Connection non-exclusive permission to use your entry for activities in all media, including social media, online and print, without any remuneration being due. If and when we use your entry we will credit you accordingly.
If you have any questions about this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us at email@example.com