Host a Teacher from Germany – data protection guidelines
In order to take part in this programme, coordinating teachers fill out an application form on behalf of their school. This page outlines UK-German Connection’s policy regarding your data privacy and rights in relation to the Host a Teacher from Germany programme.
How will UK-German Connection process my data?
- We collect data via this form for the purpose of assessing your suitability for our programme and matching participating schools with a suitable German teacher. The data we collect includes your contact details, information about your school, and your expectations and preferences regarding the visiting teacher.
- The application data is collected via our online application system and stored securely within our website, both hosted in the UK.
- If you tick to have your ‘key information’ remembered by our system, it will be stored for up to three years to save time when making future applications. You can ask for this information to be deleted at any point by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will UK-German Connection need to share my data with anyone?
- We share the application form with the Pädagogischer Austauschdienst (PAD) in Germany as part of organising the programme.
- This data will not be shared with any other third parties without your notification and further consent. All of our third-party contractors comply with UK Data Protection legislation and EU General Data Protection Regulations.* Your application details will be kept for three years after the application deadline. Any personal details that you may have submitted will be deleted after one year.
*We will comply with the relevant data protection legislation governing organisations that offer services to individuals in the EEA after 31 December 2020 and will update our data protection statement accordingly at that time.
What are my rights regarding my data?
You have the right to access your personal data held by us. Should you wish to make a subject access request to view your personal data, withdraw permission for use of your data, or to update the data we hold for you, please email UK-German Connection: email@example.com.