- The Voyage
- Get Involved
- Virtual Summer Courses: ‘Deutschland online erleben’
- Virtual Summer Courses: ‘Deutschland online erleben’ – application guidelines
Virtual Summer Courses: ‘Deutschland online erleben’ – application guidelines
Read this information carefully before applying and be aware that, in addition to the online application form, we also require:
- a reference from your teacher
More information on how to submit this can be found in the section ‘What do I do once I’ve filled in the online application form?’ below.
What should I do before applying for the Virtual Summer Courses?
- Read all of the information about the programme and what we expect from participants.
- Make sure you are able to fully commit to the programme for the required period of time.
- Ensure that your teacher and parents are aware of your intention to apply and fully support your application.
- Refer your teachers and parents to the information about online safety on the courses (please refer to the section ‘online safety’ on the programme information page).
How do I fill in the online application form?
- Make a note of your unique reference number. This will be needed for your teacher reference and if you contact us. It can be found in the top/right on the application home page.
- Complete all sections of the application form. (Compulsory fields are marked with an asterisk.)
- Some pages in the application form are in English; some are in German. Always give your answers in the same language as the question (except for official names and titles, e.g. your school name, which need to be provided in the native language).
- Remember to save your answers regularly, as well as after completing each section. (If you are inactive for approximately 15 minutes, you will be automatically logged out.)
- At the end of your application, you will be able to view, save and print out a summary of your completed application.
- Please check your application carefully, as you will not be able to make any changes once you’ve submitted the form. Please print your application and keep a copy for your records.
- The deadline for applications is 15 April 2021 at midnight, and no applications submitted after this point will be accepted.
What should I do if I need technical support or have any questions about the online application form?
If you require any technical support or have any questions regarding the application form, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0)7894 118445 (Mon-Fri 10am-5pm)
Please indicate the programme you are applying for, include your unique reference number and give as much information about the problem as possible.
What do I do once I've filled in the online application form?
- Provide your teacher with this web address: www.ukgermanconnection.org/virtual-summer-courses-reference and give them your unique reference number so that they can send us your teacher reference.
- Please note that your application will only be complete once we have received your online application form and your teacher reference by the deadline of midnight of 15 April 2021, at the latest.
- After you’ve submitted your online application, you will receive an automatic email from us confirming submission. Once your teacher’s reference has been received and checked, you will receive a second confirmation email. After the deadline has passed, we will assess your complete application and we will be in touch again by the end of April to notify you of the outcome of your application.
What should I do if I wish to withdraw my application?
If you wish to withdraw your application after submitting it, please send an email to email@example.com