Data regulation changes have been introduced: this page outlines UK-German Connection’s policy regarding your data privacy and rights.
How will UK-German Connection process my data?
- We collect data to enable you to take part in our activities, and to update you on forthcoming opportunities.
- This is collected via our website and application systems and stored securely in the UK.
Will UK-German Connection need to share my data with anyone?
- Occasionally and only when necessary limited information will be shared with trusted partners such as external assessors, group leaders and closely-related partner organisations.
- This data will not be shared with any other third parties without your notification and further consent. All of our third party contractors comply with UK Data Protection legislation and EU General Data Protection Regulations. Personal information relating to your application will be stored for one year after the relevant exchange or event. However, we will retain your contact details in order to keep you informed of other opportunities we think would be of interest to you.
What are my rights regarding my data?
You have the following rights regarding the personal data held by us:
- to know how we use your personal data.
- to access your personal data.
- to rectify if your data is inaccurate or incomplete.
- to request the deletion or removal of your data when there is no compelling reason for its continued processing or if you withdraw consent.
- to restrict the processing of your data.
- to obtain your data in machine readable form so that you can reuse it for your own purposes.
- to object to how we are using your data.
- to challenge automated decision making and profiling, and request human intervention.
Should you wish to make a subject access request to view your personal data, withdraw permission for use of your data, or to update the data we hold for you, please email UK-German Connection: email@example.com
Should you wish to unsubscribe from the newsletter, please follow the link provided in each edition.